Monday, January 10, 2011

Detoxification/Purification Program Day 3 of 21

The first group of the detox/purification program began on Saturday, January 8, 2011. These first seven days, we are drinking smoothies made of fruits and vegetables, water and the Standard Process supplements: SP Complete and SP Whole Food Fiber. We are drinking these at least 2 times per day, but I personally have been drinking 3. In addition, we are taking 7 capsules of SP Cleanse 3 times per day.

I found that the SP Cleanse capsules can be opened and put directly into the smoothies, making it easier to avoid swallowing a lot of pills. I warn you, however, that these capsules contain some spicy ingredients. For some people, it may be easier to swallow them than to deal with the heat!

In addition to all these smoothies, we are drinking LOTS of filtered water (at least 8 cups/day) and eating as much as we want of fresh, organic fruits, veggies and either lentils or brown rice.

Here are a few things I've found out so far: 1) Smoothies taste better with veggies. My current favorite is frozen berries and cooked sweet potatoes. 2) My jaw gets tired of chewing if I don't lightly steam my cabbage. 3) brown rice tastes a lot better than I remember it tasting. 4) beets are EXCELLENT steamed. 5) The fat in salad dressing is important to help your digestive system completely extract the nutrients from vegetables, and to keep your nervous system healthy.

Symptoms: I feel a little tired/groggy in the mornings (probably missing my daily cup of tea) but otherwise pretty good. I'm cold, but it's also 37 degrees, so I think that's normal.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment